Eminence Events and Catering Hire; These terms of business refer to contracts of sale, hire, or services between Eminence Events and Catering Hire Ltd, herein after referred to as Eminence, and the client requiring the goods, services or hire, hereinafter referred to as the client.
Standard Terms of Sale, and General Hire
1. These terms shall apply to all contracts of supply and invoices of payment to Eminence unless other terms or modifications of these terms are specifically agreed in writing by Eminence.
2. Payment is due 2 weeks before delivery/hire unless agreed otherwise by Eminence in writing. When specified, settlement
discounts are deductible from any invoices paid on or before delivery or supply, or within an agreed credit period.
3. In the event of late payment outside the terms that apply to any particular invoice or contract, Eminence will be entitled to interest at the rate ruling under the County Courts Act 1984 from the date the outstanding amount is first due until the date of payment.
4. All cancellations must be made in writing and in the event of cancellation Eminence shall be entitled to retain any deposit held. In the event of any cancellation up to one month before the contracted date of supply and/or hire Eminence shall be entitled to charge up to 25% of the total supply and/or hire price, and cancellations thereafter 50% of the contract value.
5. Title in goods being purchased by the client does not pass to the client until paid for. Eminence reserves the right not to supply hire goods, sale goods, or services if they have not been paid for within the terms of payment for that particular supply.
6. All prices and specifications are supplied, quoted, or listed in a pricelist without engagement.
7. All invoices and quotes are subject to being errors and omissions excepted (E & OE).
8. The client is responsible for the security of hired items and is advised to have insurance cover for damage or loss to all items hired. All losses or damage are calculated or charged for at repair cost or replacement at Eminence retail list price available on request.
9. The client is responsible for the routine maintenance for any equipment whilst on hire.
10. The client is responsible for the clean return of all items hired excepting where the hire charge specifically includes cleaning by Eminence. Items returned dirty will incur extra charges for cleaning except goods priced to include unwashed return.
11. Eminence reserves the right to relocate, remove or recover hire items in adverse conditions and shall be not held responsible for any consequential losses of the client or third parties in the event of adverse weather or other conditions affecting the use of items outdoors or in marquees.
12. The cancellation fee rate is payable in the event of pluvious and/or force majeure cancellation. Clients are advised to take out pluvious and/or event or wedding insurance to cover cancellation and consequential losses due to weather risks where hire items are in use in outdoor or marquee situations.
13. Eminence does not undertake to make good turf or garden damage caused by equipment delivery, installation, or removal; and accepts no responsibility for damage to underground or hidden services unless notified in advance in writing of their location by the client.
14. Prices listed on our price list or quoted without a site visit, assume level ground, good access and appropriate connections for power are available. Additional charges may be made where these are not available, and Eminence reserves the right to cancel any contract where site conditions are unsuitable for the equipment or installation required.
15. Hirers of electrical equipment are advised all electrical connections for equipment used in tents or outside must be made through a residual earth circuit breaker (RECB). Eminence will not be held responsible for electrical failure caused by other contractors’ equipment being attached to circuits provided by Eminence.It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure there is sufficent current available to allow electrical equipment to function correctly.
16. Hire prices of all items do not include delivery, collection, connection, setting up or laying out, or installation unless specified on the relevant contract and/or invoice and/or accepted quote.
17. All pictures / sizes / capacities / dimensions / wattages etc quoted are representative – actual stock and items hired may vary.
18. Courier service where offered is priced UK mainland each way. Non-availability of goods at collection point on collection day arranged with courier will incur a repeat collection charge.